Social media continues to change and organic posting will simply not deliver the way it used to. Platforms are changing algorithms and driving companies to buy ad campaigns if they want to reach their own followers. Marketers and companies must evolve and realize there’s a new landscape taking shape!
Whether your goal is to grow your following, increase engagement, or promote sales and leads, it is important to stay on top of social media trends. Though our focus today is Facebook and Instagram, it also encompasses LinkedIn and Twitter. Let’s look at two main changes in social media and three ways to improve your digital marketing approach.
How Social Media Has Changed
In the recent past, many brands and influencers relied on organic growth with photos and text. But as social media evolves and become ever more saturated, video is the content that dominates. 1200% more shares are generated by videos than text and images combined. Video posts grab and keep viewers’ attention.
Another major change is how new algorithms have tightened the reach on any social media post without paid dollars behind it. Facebook currently only offers a delivery rate of 2% on Facebook and Instagram. However, the FOUR tips below can keep social media a vital component of your overall marketing plan.
Keep Your Social Media Vital
1. Compelling Content
- With a highly saturated environment, social media can remain important to readers if you provide them with content that is rich in images and supplies knowledge and information they specifically care about. Make sure you’re providing the right content to the right audience and you’ll still be able to make an impact with social media.
2. Increase Your Video Content
- Increase your video content – Invest time, energy and creativity in producing short, interesting video content. Pick topics and themes that interest your target market. Share personal insights and stories that inspire people and stay top of mind. Office value and it will keep your brand alive and growing.
3. Engagement is Key
- Engagement is Key – Facebook and Instagram’s algorithm favors posts that engage users. Impressions are not the driving factor now. It’s all about compelling content reaching those who are most interested in the topic and engage with the information. Make sure your posts invite users to comment, like or share with others. You can achieve this by having your posts ask a question, start a discussion, or remind the audience to share the information.
4. Invest in Ads
- Invest in Ads – The days of reaching potential customers via free social media are coming to an end. Investing in paid ads is now one of the only ways to actually reach your key target market with your brand and message. Make PAID social media ads a key component of your marketing plan. These campaigns can deliver a tremendous audience response, but remember to keep a portion of your ad budget specifically for this tactic. Once you’ve created interesting images or videos and intriguing content, use paid dollars behind the posts to reach the exact target who is most likely to respond to your messages.
As everything else is constantly changing, so is social media. The best and brightest are staying ahead of these changes and reshaping their marketing plans to ensure they continue to deliver value, convert leads and grow their business.
We are recognized as a Top Enterprise Logo Design & Branding Agency on DesignRush
Want to take your Social Media to the next level and get thousands of views each month PLUS hundreds of people clicking over to your website?
Strategic & Creative Marketing’s Social team will get results for YOUR business! Contact us today at info@SCmarketinginc.com or just complete the form below.